Monday, June 21, 2010

The importance of knowing your body...

Today I played in a golf tournament, and it made me think about the importance of knowing your body for whatever situation you're in.

What made me think about this is the fact that when I golf my breasts get in the way if I don't wear a tight sports bra. Now, most people don't think about golf as a sport where you need that sort of thing, but, for me, it's important to my success at the sport to bind myself down.

So, I'm going to use this week to talk about using fashion to make yourself as successful as possible. Let's start with something near and dear to my heart right now: applying for a job. The thing is, you never know who you're giving your application to. You don't want to be too dressy, but at the same time, you want to look professional. Skirts for women are good. Look clean, crisp. Do your hair and make-up. Wear shoes that you would wear while working there. Don't look like you're there to work, but look like you're someone who could work there.

I love a good a-line or pencil skirt that is an appropriate length. Dress pants are also acceptable. A collared shirt, like a polo or dress shirt, or a nice sweater or cardigan over an appropriate shirt always looks clean. for shoes I like sensible heels, ballet flats, or dressy sandals looks great.

Don't wear shorts, especially hot pants or short-shorts, tank tops, skirts that are too short or anything with holes in it.

And most importantly... BE CONFIDENT! That's what wins you the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment